ENTRIES NOW CLOSED!
To welcome in this brand New Year and celebrate whipping my thyroid into submission with some radioactive iodine, I have an offer for readers! I am now ready and able to re-launch my Limberation activities: giving a lucky winner eight weeks free training seems a good way to start the year. As of this week, my thyroid function is rated as normal: I am definitely feeling the almost three month enforced hiatus was worth it!
Would you like to Limber Up to Live Life? To Move More? To start using Movement As Medicine? Reduce/manage pain? I’ve done it, so can you.
There are rules! There are always rules! This might seem like a lot of rules for a competition, but we are talking about your health here, so precautions are appropriate!
Rules and entrant criteria
- Have a medically diagnosed condition that will benefit from exercise (that is most of them – check with your doctor if in doubt). Please provide brief details of your condition/(s) with your entry.
- Be taking any medications prescribed for your condition as scheduled (i.e. not skipping doses).
- Have or be willing to obtain a medical clearance to exercise. This should include any restrictions recommended by your medical team (e.g. at one point I was not allowed to do shoulder presses).
- Be committed to undertaking a personalised program for eight weeks. This will involve eight personal one hour consultation sessions over a two month period and completion of unsupervised exercises as prescribed on other days of the week (frequency to be determined at initial consultation).
- Live within a 40 kilometre radius of postcode 3181 OR be prepared/able to meet within a 40 kilometre radius.
- Be available Saturday through to Tuesday, one day per week for eight weeks.
- Give permission to be interviewed for this website and have photos published.
- Undergo standard fitness industry pre-exercise screening.
- Complete initial consultation questionnaires and agreement to undertake exercise as applicable.
- In 30 words or less tell me why you want to undertake exercise.
- Entries close Saturday, February 10, 2018.
- The winner will be announced February 24, 2018. The winner will be contacted personally and announced on this website. The prize is non-transferable.
- Submit your entry via email to email@example.com including your name, address and contact phone number. The subject line should be Limber Up.
- The winner’s initial consultation will take place between February 24, 2018 and March 10, 2018 but can be subject to negotiation, within reason, if required.
If this page is your first visit to this website, please read my About page to understand why I offer a different training experience. I’m in the same boat as you: multiple chronic conditions, was losing quality of life, wanted to stay off pain medications.
Your contact details will not be used for any purposes other than your competition entry. All contact details of entrants other than the winner will be destroyed after the winner accepts the offer (unless the entrant indicates otherwise). If the winner is unable to accept the offer for any reason, the runner-up will be made the offer.
The winner will be chosen by me based on suitability for an exercise program and the authenticity of the 30 word outline specified above. I reserve the right to contact entrants if I determine clarification of entry details is required prior to determining the winner. This is for your protection.